2021 Oregon Tuna Classic 

Winning Team qualifies for the Offshore World Championship
OTC_Logo real in logo.png

ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT

August 27th - 28th, 2021

This year’s event marks the 16th year anglers have come together to help fight hunger in our communities. Along with our special partner, Ducks Unlimited, we will be hosting the dinner, auction, raffles and awards ceremony on Saturday night. The dinner is open to the public, and we encourage folks to join in the fun regardless if they have participated in the competition.

The event starts with Big Fish Friday as an additional day of fun for those that want to pre-fish, have a little extra competition, and "tune up" for Saturday by scouting out the fish.


Saturday is the big event with the main fishing competition, BBQ and awards dinner. Participants can enter side pots for a chance to win even bigger cash prizes!

Non-participants can also get in on the action by buying raffle tickets for a chance to win nice prizes during the awards dinner and participate in the auction.

REGISTRATION:
  • Registration closed August 23rd @8PM

  • Entry Fee - $650.00

  • For questions regarding registration contact John Stanfield at jstanfield@ducks.org or 503-381-1806

SATURDAY PRIZES (5 biggest fish)
  • 1st Prize – $6,000

  • 2nd Prize – $3,000

  • 3rd Prize – $1,000

​TOURNAMENT:

  • 6:30 AM Shot Gun Start (starting line coordinates and start time given at Captain’s Meeting).

  • 3:00 PM - Begin Fish Check-in

  • Boats must be across the finish line by 5 pm.

  • 5:00 PM-10:00 PM Awards Dinner in the main tent.

Main Tournament
Saturday August 28th

Side Pots And Big Fish Friday 

Big Fish Friday

August 27th, 2021

  • $50 per team entry fee

  • Winners announced at Sat Awards Dinner

  • 7:30 AM Lines in the water

  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Fish Check-in Station open

  • 4 PM deadline for all boats to be across the finish line

  • 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Social hour(s) in the tent

  • 7:00 PM Mandatory Captains Meeting (tent)

IMG_1047.jpg

Saturday Side Pots

Largest Pelagic Fish Side Pot

 

$50 per team entry fee to "buy-in" and participate. Winners announced at Awards Dinner.

Largest Tuna Side Pot

 

$50 per team entry fee to "buy-in" and participate. Winners announced at Awards Dinner.

Cash Side Pots - 5 biggest fish

  • $100, $250, $500 and $1000 side pot are for Saturdays event.

  • "Buy-in" to none, one, or all side pots!

  • The side pots will be paid out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each side pot level for top 5 fish.

  • The split will be 60%, 20%, 10% and 10% to the OTC.

  • All cash side pots are refundable in the event that the OTC should cancel an event.

  • All payouts will be made on Saturday at the awards dinner.

Example: 25 teams enter the $500 side pot. That means there will be $12,500 paid out for that side pot alone. 10% off the top goes to the OTC. The remaining 90% is paid out 60% to 1st place, 20% to 2nd place, and 10% to 3rd place within the side pot participants. Your team is competing for these large cash payouts against only the teams signed up for a particular side pot.